Thursday, October 2, 2008

Uneventful Day


Today was drama free and highly uneventful. Only a few things to make note of:

1.) The electricity was out in our town again today. This makes for a fun bathroom experience at school since the bathroom is a windowless cubicle that is pitch black when the door is shut. Adrienne had to be my "door girl" while I used the facilities and then I swapped favors. We are bonding.

2.) I met with a government official that speaks English so that he could help me publish an ad in the town newspaper to advertise my tutoring services. Hopefully I will get a good number of pupils to help fill my afternoons and weekends.

3.) A student approached me with a plastic basket on her arm today with a cover on it. "Look Miss Lawrence"! Inside was a huge hedgehog that she had caught out on the playground. Apparently these run wild here...??? Interesting.


4.) The townspeople go all out when someone gets a minor toe surgery done. We had two visitors yesterday dropping off food. A huge
bag of fruit: bananas, apples, oranges, peaches and lemons. And then a lovely apple cake from the other neighbor. I love this little town!

Other than that I have some fun pictures of my students that I took this week. I'm sure something random and crazy will happen tomorrow.

No comments: