Monday, September 22, 2008

The Most Important Lesson They Will Ever Learn

Today my classes learned a very important lesson on American culture. I taught them how to do the Cupid Shuffle and I taught them the meaning of a verse, chorus and hook in a rap song. My seventh grade class moaned and groaned their way through the lesson. This is what I anticipated, since they are just wayyyyyy too cool to do anything like dance in front of each other. Then my second graders were just wayyyyyyy too ADD to concentrate for more than five minutes on the dance (and no, they did not get the verse, chorus and hook portion of the lesson). My fifth graders on the other hand absolutely loved it!!! They thought this was the coolest thing ever and they not only mastered the dance, but they insisted on having dance offs with each other. All was fine until the teacher next door came storming in and yelled in Hungarian for a full minute and then stormed out again. Whoops. Apparently my shufflers were a bit too loud. Oh well, I get to play dumb whenever anybody gets mad at me because I don't speak Hungarian!!! Hahahahahahahaha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24_zoqu4_Q

No comments: