Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shake It







Well, last week the lesson planning was easy because I basically did the same unit in all 22 of my classes. I brought in the dvd of The Cat's Pajamas (my boyfriend's group) and my students watched bits of the video and then wrote fan mail to the Cat's. (1st and 2nd grade just got to watch and dance). My students were wildly enthusiastic listening to the awesome styling of my favorite cruise ship group. They were also really excited to know that my boyfriend is a musician and that he would be coming to meet the students in three short weeks. The fan mail they wrote was very cute, and I captured one of my first grade classes dancing to "Mustang Sally". Next week I am going to have them learn an American group dance (you know, the kind of "line dancing" you would see at a wedding). I will definetly make a video!

No comments: