Thursday, September 25, 2008

Put More Clothes On and Pass the Gelato...

This morning my flat was approximately 97 degrees and the temperature was rising. I was sweating while I blow dried my hair. Yuck. This caused me to dress in clothing that was suited more for summer than the fall weather we are having, but man I was roasting! I put on a skirt that went right below my knees, a short sleeve shirt and sandals. I also brought with me a hooded zip up in case I got cold. Boy oh boy did I get lectured when Adrienne came to pick us up. "You are not dressed well enough. You will get sick. You should have socks on and be smart about the weather." This went on for the entire drive to school until I finally said, "You know, Adrienne, you don't actually get sick from being out in the cold, you get sick from bacteria and viruses in the air." That shut her up.





However once I got to school I discovered this was not going to be just Adrienne's issue. I got stared at by all of the staff and several of the teachers approached me and touched my bare legs and commented on the chilly weather. This is coming from women that wear see through white pants with black thongs every day along with their Dudley Moore hairstyles. You are commenting on my clothing? Seriously?

I got the last laugh when the weather cleared and it turned out to be a sunny, gorgeous afternoon in the high sixties. So there. Na na na na na.

Anyway... moving on to more important things. I am officially sick and tired of teaching my classes the Cupid Shuffle, so by the time my fifth class rolled around today I decided to take the whole class to the ice cream shop instead. We all got gelato cones in various rainbow colors and then I gave them their assignment for next week and dismissed them for the day. It's kind of nice not to have any ground rules.





Speaking of gelato... the gelato shop that we frequent has the most to die for cake selection ever. There are beautifully arranged and prepared and are super inexpensive. You can get a slab of sugary heaven for about 150 forints, which is roughly 90 cents in American money. So strange. I am really loving this whole currency conversion thing by the way. Every single day I have to see what the dollar is being valued at. Every single day it changes. It seems to always be roughly within 10 - 15 forints of what it was the prior day, but it throws me when I am trying to figure out what I would be spending in American dollars.

Anyway... back to accounting homework. Wish me luck!

No comments: